Sunday, May 29, 2011

Days 2 and 3

I waited a day to see how I felt.  I forgot to mention that the first time I tried the bodyoars I wore an aquatic running vest.  It hindered me more than helped so this time I went without the vest.  I also consulted with the inventor and he clarified vest use. This time no vest.  Bodyoars were easier to put on this time put still something did not feel right. I felt off balance in the water like the oars were pulling me in a direction still my workout was good and the next days of going to work I felt different.  Stronger in my legs, lower back and frontal core area.  My energy was up.  I am more and more convinced I have found the right thing.  I discovered what I was doing wrong for the unbalance.  I was putting the straps on in the same direction which made the paddle slightly crooked.  with my new found energy "I want" to go into the pool and not stop.  Craig advises me not to do this and to stay with 30 min max sessions only.  He says the water will fool you because the effort doesn't seem as hard. You could injure yourself.  I understand what he means.  Even though I become winded I feel as though I could go on forever.  It's a weird feeling.  He is right. The resistance the water fools you.  He says people have torn muscles because they went to long or tried to go too hard.  I can believe it.  I feel energized I can feel the muscles getting stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment