Sunday, May 29, 2011

First day with Bodyoars

So a new journey begins.  I am always on the lookout for a way to exercise without aggravating my back.  With severe arthritis back there exercise has always been a challenge to me.  Since my days in the USAF I have increased body weight significantly.  Way too much for me.  Then the cycle began.  Exercise aggravated the back which made it really impossible to further the exercising which made me just sit around which made me put on weight.  My motivation would decrease and so on and so on.  I knew the pool was my answer but its not really big enough to swim laps.  I needed a way to workout.  Training fins, exercise bells from Aqua Logix, a water treadmill but everything left me unsatisfied. Then on a whim I did a search again.  One of the first on the list was a device called bodyoars.  I thought maybe I had seen this before but I was unsure.  I watched all the videos and read the document posted by the inventor Craig Wise.  There are some things when you look at them and read the way it works and some thing goes off in your head and says:  This is it....this is what I have been looking for.  Trust me I looked at everything I could've on Aquatic Exercise.  Water running, aquatic bells, swim fins, water treadmill, aqua belts etc.  I think they are all good products for certain pools but here was something which isolated areas and using the resistance of the water worked on core areas. I needed no more convincing.  I took a chance and bought a pair.  I waited a week and everyday I studied the videos and the comparison document.  Day one: put the bodyoars on and got into the pool.  It was difficult to put them on but that is because I am so stiff from inactivity.  Into the water and away I went.  It take a little technique but I kept at it.  After I was done I felt good.  I could tell muscles had been worked but I did not have that beat up feeling which often times when starting an exercise program makes the user stop because they are too sore the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment