Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Some catching up and discovery

Sunday and Tuesday I did my thing changed a couple of things around.  I was using the LOBOS while sitting down for the last 2 times and was doing quite a few reps.  Tuesday I returned to deep water treading and found for me it was harder to do.  I want the harder.  Next day very little soreness.  I must be getting use to it and maybe its tome to increase just a tad.  UBOS went great and I am trying to develop a way to do a swim stroke with the UBOS.  It's similar to how I use the UBOS now to work my triceps.  When I do the triceps I push back working the triceps only, turn the fin to a 45 degree angle which allows me to slice thru the water back to my original start position.  The swim stroke will be the same way.  It's all about technique.  My only issue is the pool is to small.  I am contemplating joining a nearby health club which has a large pool or... if I can tether myself  somehow with a rope. That also might work.  A little flotation device to add buoyancy and it will be one heck of a workout.  Tonight (Wednesday) my sis's bf got stuck in our backyard trying to remove a palm tree which had rotted and fell.  Used the chainsaw and my forearms swelled like balloons.  Very tight.  Did some digging with a shovel to get the truck out and tried to shake that tree to the ground.  Unsuccessful there but the point was this: 1 month ago there was no way I would've lasted or have been able to do the things I did tonight.  I'm sore now and I can feel it.  This is building my stamina up.  I kept shaking that tree waiting for that twinge in the back.  Not that I wasn't careful.  Just because I felt good doesn't mean I applied reckless abandon.  I did take a pain reliever afterwards because I do feel sore but it was not debilitating like other times.  As long as the weather hold tomorrow I will be back to my routine.  This weekend I will look for rope and kick board maybe. I need to go and see what I can come up with.  Have some other ideas in my head also for some other things.  Go bodyoars!!   

2 comments:

  1. Ron
    I bet I have found over 1000 ways to exercise with Body Oars. You set is far more designed for body loading. There are really different designs for many motions.

    The ultimate UBOS pool will be a core braced system entirely underwater and user breathes air supply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know where theses nutty names keep coming up for middleman from like "Zit" and Tell Denials.

    A prank someone likely planted in the system

    ReplyDelete